What is their goal?
The main goal of AWEV is to change India’s E-Mobility future through “Energy Efficient and Cost-Effective” solutions that result in faster EV adoption and lower tailpipe emissions for a greener future.
AWEV Solutions Pvt. Ltd. was founded by John Ebenezer Mervyn William in March 2018 to develop inexpensive electric mobility goods and solutions by the Indian government’s National Electric Mobility Mission Plan and to provide a greener future for future generations. A Piaggio Porter 600 (BS3) car has been successfully converted to a pure electric vehicle. They’re currently conducting rigorous tests and fine-tuning the Powertrain to improve range. All LCVs with a payload of one tonne can benefit from their EV conversion kits.
The following verticals are where AWEV is now concentrating its efforts:
A) Kit for EV Retrofit
The ideal Electric Retrofit Kit for Small Commercial Vehicles (SCV) and 3-Wheel Auto has been created by AWEV. Both kits were created by ARAI Standard AIS-123 (Pending ARAI testing & approval).
Examples are :
1. EV Retrofit SCV
Their Retrofit kit for SVCs is powered by a lightweight & efficient 7.5 Kw Motor & 11kWh Li-Ion Battery Pack. This Retrofit can also be used for TATA ACE & Mahindra – Supro
- Peak Power: 21 kW
- Max Torque: 120 Nm
- Range: 100 km (With full Load)
- Speed: 60kmph (Electronically Controlled)
- Charging Time: 4 Hours (40 A Charger)
- System Voltage: 72 V
- Maximim Payload : 1000 Kgs
2. EV Retrofit 3-Wheeler
Their Retrofit kit for 3-Wheeler is powered by a lightweight & efficient 3.3 kW Motor & 6.2kWh Li-Ion Battery Pack. This retrofit kit can also be used for Atul Auto & Piaggio Ape
- Peak Power : 9.5 kW
- Max Torque : 74 Nm
- Range : 100 km (With full Load)
- Speed : 45kmph (Electronically Controlled)
- Charging Time : 4 Hours (30 A Charger)
- System Voltage : 48 V
- Maximum Payload : 500 Kgs
The lightweight and efficient motor requires 35% less starting current and produces 20% more torque
B) Lithium-ion battery packs
They employ A123 Lithium Ion NMC Cells that have been approved by the BIS. These cells possess the following characteristics :
- When compared to LFP, it has a higher energy density (Wh/kg) (more Range)
- At 80% DOD, cycle life of 2000 cycles is possible.
- Self-Discharge Rate Is Low
C) AC Motors from AS&PP
In India, AWEV is the authorised distributor of AS&PP’s asynchronous motors (DA90/DA100) and low voltage controllers (EV Series). For the conversion of SCV and Auto Rickshaw, AWEV is the first company in India to use AS&PP’s motors and controllers.These motors are designed in Russia. These patented motors have the following benefits :
- Lower production costs
- Starting torque increase by 35%
- Starting current reduced by 35%
- Minimum torque increased by 35%
- Maximum torque increased by 20%
- High overload capacity
- Input voltage reduction by 10%
Why choose Retrofit?
1. Economical: Using an electric foot is less expensive than using a diesel foot because Diesel costs a lot more than electricity, and it’s getting more expensive all the time. Electricity has a low maintenance cost.
2. The initial investment (capital) is far less than the cost of purchasing a new electric vehicle.
3. With an electric vehicle, users need not worry about the frequent maintenance of
- Fuel Filter
- Engine Oil
- Oil filter
- Engine accessories