“LOHUM powers next-gen li-ion battery mobility & energy solutions; gives batteries multiple lives through reuse technology, and makes battery materials last forever through lithium ion battery recycling. “
Lohum Cleantech Pvt Ltd: Advancing circular lithium-ion battery manufacturing and recycling
Lohum Cleantech Private Limited is a Private incorporated on 19 March 2018.
About Lohum Cleantech
LOHUM powers next-gen li-ion battery mobility & energy solutions, gives batteries multiple lives through reuse technology, and makes battery materials last forever through recycling. LOHUM creates enhanced customer value through 3 primary technologies:
1) Lithium-ion battery manufacturing: We design and manufacture advanced lithium-ion batteries through proprietary technology and fabrication techniques.
2) Battery reuse or 2nd life solutions for used batteries: We identify healthy batteries through our proprietary cell testing and then reuse those batteries in another application.
3) Battery material recycling to recover valuable materials upon end-of-life: For batteries that cannot be reused, we recycle them to recover value materials such as cobalt, lithium, nickel and graphite. If recycled properly, these materials can be used over and over again without any performance degradation.
Fully Integrated Circular Battery Technology
Zero Waste & Circular Economy
Lithium ion Battery Life Cycle Model
A li-ion battery can have multiple lives. And battery materials are very valuable. Lohum’s technology and model are designed to maximize value and sustainability over a lithium ion battery’s life cycle. Our goal is to lower the costs of electrification, both economically and environmentally, through an integrated model.
The major cycles are:
- Manufacturing lithium ion battery
- Testing used lithium batteries collected from multiple sources and re-deploying the useable cells into 2nd life batteries
- Lithium ion battery recycling can help recover valuable materials such as cathode, anode, and other parts from non-reusable batteries that have reached the end of their lives.
The used lithium ion batteries can be productive in the right application for at least another 3 years. The reclaimed materials are of higher quality than traditional mining and are ready to be used in the process to manufacture new batteries. This closed-loop process is executed in a seamless, cost-effective, and environmentally sustainable manner. And it can be repeated endlessly. The result unlocks a new way to think about the possibilities of electrification.
- Maximizes battery cell life through re-purposing
- Creates new battery raw material supply through recycling
- Dramatically reduces energy demand & CO2e emissions
- Drives cost reductions through sustainability
Projected Impact of Circular Economy
Global Raw Material
Required by 2030
savings by using
recycled materials for 2000 GwH
of CO2 footprint reduced!
Smart battery solutions
Lohum Cleantech Products
- Electric Vehicle
Advanced li-on EV batteries constructed for low power mobility (2W& 3W) and designed to deliver clean power in tough operational environments.
- Stationary Storage
Modular lithium-ion stationary storage solutions tailored for applications such as telecom & ESS.
- Recycled Battery Material
Mechanical & Hydromet process to recover Cathode (Li, CO, Ni, Mn) and Anode (Graphite) materials from lithium ion battery recycling.