Ninjacart: Supply Chain Pioneer for Fresh Fruits
It takes courage for a new company to enter in the market for solving a problem existing in the long-run. Ninjacart is one of those who are pioneering in the tech-driven supply chain space for fresh farm produce. Ninjacart is India’s largest fresh produce supply chain company that is solving one of the toughest problems in the world through technology.
They help connect producers of food directly with retailers, restaurants, and service providers using in-house applications that drive end to end operations. Currently, Ninjacart’s Supply Chain is equipped to move 1400 tonnes of perishables from farms to businesses, every day, in less than 12 hours.
Ninjacart’s Point of View
• Farmers experience price risk, information asymmetry about demand, distribution inefficiency, and receive late payments.
• Retailers face problems like higher costs, low quality and unhygienic produce, high price volatility, and the everyday hassle of going to the market.
• The traditional Supply Chain is highly inefficient, unorganized, and has a high rate of food wastage.
• We eliminated intermediaries by taking control of the Supply Chain by using technology and analytics.
• We built reliable, cost-effective, and high-speed logistics and infrastructure to solve for inefficiencies in the Supply Chain.
• On one end, farmers get better prices and consistent demand, and on the other end, retailers receive fresh produce at competitive prices that are delivered to their doorstep.
Our vision is to build India’s most efficient and largest Supply Chain platform and improve the lives of producers, businesses, and consumers in a meaningful manner.
We are focused on making the Ninjacart innovation more accessible to the most fragmented parts of society. We intend to leverage our strengths and resources to innovate for new product categories and customer segments while solving complex supply chain problems.
Platform for Everyone
Ninjacart provides benefit for Farmers, retailers, and consumers in their own way.
|Benefits for Farmers||Convenience for Retailers||Savings for Consumers|
|20% more revenue||Competitive pricing||Hygienically handled produce|
|One-stop-sale||Doorstep Delivery||100% traceable to farm – Improves food safety|
|Payment in 24 hours||High quality graded produce||Better quality|
|Transparent Weighing||Convenient & time saving|
“Ninjacart has been attempting to alleviate major issues in India’s fruit and vegetables supply chain over the past several years. The team has managed to get into a clear leadership position in that ecosystem, especially around South Indian cities. With current round of financing, we expect them to continue to scale rapidly, enter new cities, and enable direct relationships with farmers and shop owners across even more categories”.
– Subrata Nitra, Partner at Accel India
“The team at Ninjacart has made impressive progress and demonstrated that they can think and execute at scale. Streamlining the agricultural sector using the latest technology and supply chain, benefits farmers with higher prices and consumers with lower costs. As they scale up nationwide, they will really make a difference and impact on how farmer’s market their produce”.
– Nandan Nilekani
“I came across Ninjacart 4 years ago, and since then I have not faced problems like travelling to the market, wasting an entire day, or waiting for weeks for my payment. The collection center team keeps me informed of the produce required for the day and I send exactly the amount required. With all this time saved, I am able to spend more quality time with my family and also grow a variety of other vegetables in my field”.
– Dilip Papanna, Farmer at Biduruguppe
|Industry:||Logistics & Supply Chain|
|Company size:||1,001 – 5,000 employees|