Karnataka is a state in southwest India with Arabian Sea coastlines. The capital, Bengaluru (formerly Bangalore), is a high-tech hub known for its shopping and nightlife. To the southwest, Mysore is home to lavish temples including Mysore Palace, the former seat of the region’s maharajas. Hampi, once the medieval Vijayanagara empire’s capital, contains ruins of Hindu temples, elephant stables, and a stone chariot.
Blessed with natural abundance, Karnataka attracts a huge number of tourists every year. In 2014, Karnataka was ranked as the third most popular state for tourism in India. Karnataka has many captivating hill stations such as Coorg, Nandi Hills, and Chikmagalur. People in search of pristine beaches enjoy its scenic coastal destinations like the famous Blue Lagoon Beach and Ladies Beach in Karwar, dotted with Casuarina trees. In addition, Karnataka is home to UNESCO World Heritage Sites like Hampi and Pattadakal, ideal for heritage tours.
The geography and landscape of Karnataka are such that it serves as an ideal destination for divers and enthralling tourist locations and landmarks. Located amid Western Ghats, Deccan Plateau, and Kannad Coast, Karnataka is home to various forests, beaches, waterfalls, coffee plantations, lakes, and all the bounties of nature. The state also boasts of historically significant monuments and structures that attract visitors from far and beyond. Also, culturally diverse and ancient, Karnataka has a historic past and rich heritage for travelers to explore. So, today I like to mention some of the places you can visit if you’re planning a vacation to Karnataka:
- Gokarna (Enjoy Striking Beaches): Located along the Karnataka-Goa border, Gokarna is a paradise for beach lovers if you are in Karnataka. It gives the essence of what Goa was in its prime but with an experience of tranquillity. The beautiful beaches and breathtaking temples are worth a visit to the beach city.
- Mysore (Experience the Royal History): One of the oldest and largest cities in Karnataka, Mysore is the best known for the Mysore Palace for its grandeur. The capital city of the Mysore Kingdom, the city also has a zoo, a host of temples. The Chamundeshwari temple atop the Chamundi hills near the skirts of the city and the Brindavan Gardens are the other popular tourist destinations.
- Bengaluru (The City of Diversity): It is a city that is also called the city of the garden and enjoyed rapid growth. Being blessed with delightful weather, fascinating lakes, and stunning parks, Bengaluru is one of the most popular tourist places in Karnataka. This lively city keeps fabulous attractions to keep you entertained on your Bangalore vacation. Whether you are willing to spend a fun-filled day on a sightseeing tour, indulge in thrilling activities, shopping, or partying after sunset, you will get numerous things to do in Bengaluru. If you are inclined toward the adventures, unleash an adventurer in you by enjoying parasailing, trekking, camping wildlife tours, and watersports.
- Bandipur National Park (Lap of Nature): Spending some time in this park is all about feeling the greenery, listening to birds chirping, and a unique charm of nature that will leave you awestruck. A well-known tiger reserve and bird sanctuary is a perfect thing for nature lovers and bird watchers. This park offers an exceptional blend of natural beauty and tranquility, which makes it one of the top tourist destinations to visit in Karnataka. The famous tiger reserve and bird sanctuary is an idyllic retreat for nature lovers and bird watchers. The number of ardent nature lovers and families flocking to Bandipur National Park has made it the number one tourist place in Karnataka for picnics. If you are looking for a spot for an enjoyable picnic time, this park has everything that you ever dreamt of for a perfect picnic. You will also find rich varieties of flora and fauna, such as wild elephants, gaurs, antelopes, and spotted deer.
- Coorg (The Scotland of India): Enthralling coffee and spices plantations, munificent forest cover, the gorgeous gorges and waterfalls, and the perenially misty landscape of the place make Coorg fondly referred to as the ‘Scotland of India’. With Abbey falls, Madikeri fort, Buddhist monasteries, Talacauvery, and the Raja’s Seat, Coorg is a perfect family destination, especially during the majestic monsoons.
Nothing can beat the blues and burnouts like a trip with your beloved family. If you are living in Karnataka or somewhere near the state border, consider yourself lucky, for Karnataka is brimming with myriads of spectacular as well as adventurous destinations that you can frequent with your family. Strategically located amidst the Western Ghats, Kannad coast, and the Deccan Plateau, Karnataka nurtures all bounties of nature from mountains, beaches, waterfalls, forests, plantations, and lakes. The cultural diversity in the state accounts for its rich heritage, breath-taking architecture and monuments, historical past, and more to enthrall visitors and dwellers alike.
I know there are many more places in Karnataka to visit but These are some best places in Karnataka that offer experiences of glorious past, natural wonders, scenic beauty, thrilling activities, spiritual ambiance, and many more. You can choose from them to make your Karnataka tour remarkable as all are must-visit places.