The technical dimension of convergence is most easily understood. With the World Wide Web, smartphones, tablet computers, smart TVs, and other digital devices, billions of people are now able to access media content that was once more specific than specific communication media (print and broadcast) or platforms (newspapers, magazines, radio). Was connected. , television and cinema). Technology convergence is the mix of two or more different technologies to create a new product.
Technology today is evolving rapidly, enabling rapid change and progress, accelerating the rate of change. However, it is not only technology trends and emerging technologies that are evolving, a lot has changed this year due to the outbreak of COVID-19 that has made IT professionals realize their role in a contactless world tomorrow. will not remain the same.
What Technology Mean
Since the beginning of humanity, technology has been important to us. However, what digital technology can do—becoming an intimate element of our lives, making us more vulnerable and dependent—is troubling for many individuals and businesses alike. In times of pandemic, digital technology has become essential support for human life, and it continues to do so.
The habits we’ve changed over the past decades because of technology are nearly countless: looking for jobs online instead of in the newspaper; making calls from a mobile phone instead of using a home phone; Watching a series when we want on the device, broadcast by streaming services and not by traditional TV channels. All of these apparently “small” developments have had a big impact on the way we live. And now, the era of robots has arrived, there is a panic when we think of walking among them.
Solutions emerging from any technology convergence have no intention of obliterating and taking over the “human factor”. On the contrary, it is about using technology for the betterment of humans, enhancing their lives and their living environment, and creating solutions to solve both local and global problems like global warming.
The Essential Technologies
- Artificial intelligence: software algorithms that automate complex decision-making tasks to mimic human thought processes and senses. Artificial Intelligence for Future Generation Robotics provides a vision for potential future robotics applications for AI technologies.
- Augmented Reality and Virtual reality: A visual or audio “overlay” on the physical world that uses contextual digital information to enhance a user’s view of the real world. And VR is an interface in which viewers can use specialized equipment to interact with three-dimensional computer-generated simulations in realistic ways.
- 3D printing: A machine that creates three-dimensional objects based on digital models by layering or “printing” successive layers of material. 3D printing can produce parts faster than other methods, allowing for alteration without the need for additional equipment or tools. The possibilities of the future are exponential and that is why the world rests on technology. 3D printing turns heads on standard manufacturing.
- Internet of Things (IoT): A network of physical objects – devices, vehicles, equipment – embedded with sensors, software, network connectivity, and computing capability that enable them to collect, exchange data, and perform tasks, typically without human intervention.
- Robotics: The use of machines with advanced sensing, control, and intelligence to automate, enhance, or assist human activities.
- Drones: Depending on their design, can operate and navigate semi-autonomously via remote control or fully autonomously via an onboard computer, and can conduct surveillance, survey, shadowing, and delivery can be used in.
While there is still a long way to go for these technologies to reach their full potential, the number of tangible use cases has grown exponentially over the past few years. We hear how businesses are using AI to automate their processes. We learn daily how businesses are adopting blockchain across industries ranging from financial services and manufacturing to the entertainment and retail industries.
– Amrin Ahmed