The tourism industry is one of the largest service industries in India. India offers geographic diversity, world heritage sites, and specialized tourism products such as cruises, adventure, medicine, ecotourism, and more. India has amazingly increased the number of tourists and employment. The tourism industry in India is one of the main pillars of the manufacturing program in India. India’s tourism industry plays an important role in the economic value, and it is vital because India needs rapid growth and job creation. In terms of tourist visits to Indian states, Andhra Pradesh ranks third in India. In 2013, 152.1 million domestic tourists visited Andhra Pradesh, which is about 13.3% of the total domestic tourism market. In 2019, about 237 million domestic tourists came to the state of Andhra Pradesh, while more than 0.28 million foreign tourists came. This state has unique landmarks, beaches, ponds, and forests. Officials are offering a 100 percent luxury tax exemption for all new tourist infrastructure projects that meet the minimum requirements. The essence of India’s Andhra Pradesh offers an amazing mix of culture against a colorful natural backdrop. The diverse wildlife, rich history, vibrant culture, and magnificent architecture of Andhra Pradesh make it a destination of endless wonders.
Come walk through the beauty of Andhra Pradesh:
It might be surprising for you that the two most beautiful rivers Krishna and the Godavari flow through Andhra Pradesh. This state is widely advertised as the Kohinoor of India by the tourism department. The state is most visited for its world-famous Tirupati temple. Srisailam Mallikarjuna temple is another famous Shiva shrine and is one of the 12 Jyotirlinga temples in India. Not only that but Andhra Pradesh is also famous for its food, culture, art & craft, and wildlife scenario. Here are some of the best places to visit in Andhra Pradesh:
- Vishakhapatnam: Vishakhapatnam, probably one of the most beautiful coastal cities in Andhra Pradesh, it’s a place where every nature lover should visit. This city, called Vizag, is not only a coastal destination in Andhra but also a clean landscape. Lakes, beaches, caves, valleys, and hills make Vishakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh a must-visit.
- Tirupati: Tirupati is the famous spiritual center of Andhra Pradesh. Located in the Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh, Tirupati is home to the famous Hindu temple of Sri Venkateswara, which is regularly visited by millions of devotees each year. In addition to the temples, Tirupati is known for its red wooden toys and is also a major educational center in the state.
- Kadapa: Kadapa is one of the best places to visit in Andhra Pradesh. Kadapa, located on three sides of the Nallamala and Palakonda hills, and is also known as the “gateway” of Tirumala. Over the years, Kadapa has been ruled by several kingdoms, leaving the area rich in cultural influence.
- Chittoor: Chittoor is a place where the land is rich with flora and fauna and known for its copious historic significance.
- Secunderabad: One of the two cities that make up Andhra Pradesh’s twin city, Secunderabad, is worth a visit. The rich culture and tradition of the state show that this city is an absolute pleasure to visit. The rich cultural history and peaceful surroundings make it an ideal destination for history and nature lovers.
You probably all have your list of places to visit or maybe some of you might have already visited a few of them So if next time you plan your vacation, Andhra Pradesh is one place you can add to your destination list.