The role of Artificial Intelligence (AI) has changed dramatically – from its very beginning in the business frontier of its innovation labs to the modern-day when people began to realize that it had the power to transform businesses from the center out.
Artificial intelligence is very important in our future because AI forms the basis of computer learning. With AI, computers can use large amounts of data and apply the ingenuity they have learned to make the right decisions and to discover the time fractions that would take people. Artificial intelligence is responsible for everything from medical successes to cancer research to advanced climate change research.
According to reports, AI will be better than humans at translating languages by 2024, improving things by 2031, and conducting surgical procedures by 2053.
Once Elon Musk said AI is likely to surpass humans and rule the world in the future. He said artificial intelligence will be much smarter than humans and surpass humanity by 2025.
But is it possible? While all of this is just predictions and calculations for tech movies, is it possible that AI will dominate the future?
Although Hollywood is creating many science fiction films depicting AI as human-like robots that will take over the world and rule humans in the future, the current emergence of AI technology is not the same or much smarter. Instead, AI has evolved to offer many unique benefits across the sector.
AI Influence Is Everywhere
Virtually no major modern AI industry – particularly, “small AI,” that performs targeted tasks using data-trained models and often falls into the stages of in-depth learning or machine learning – has not been affected. That is especially true in the last few years, as data collection and analysis have become increasingly common due to strong IoT connectivity, the proliferation of connected devices, and faster computer processing.
Some sectors are at the beginning of their AI journey, others are experienced travelers. They both have a long way to go. However, the impact of the practical wisdom it has on our lives today is hard to overlook:
- Transportation: Although it may take a decade or more to complete, independent vehicles will one day transport us to various destinations.
- Health Care: In the AI-nascent healthcare sector, diseases are detected quickly and accurately, drug availability is accelerated and simplified, visualized nursing assistants monitor patients and extensive data analysis helps to create a customized patient experience.
- Education: Textbooks are digitized with the help of AI; real-life faculty facilitators assist human educators and facial analysis measures students’ emotions to help determine who is struggling or lonely and better develops information tailored to their individual needs.
- Production: AI-enabled robots work closely with humans to perform a limited range of tasks such as assembling and packaging, and predictive analytics sensors keep the equipment running smoothly.
- Customer Service: Lastly, Google works with an AI assistant that can install custom-made calls, for example, at your local hair salon besides words, the system understands context and nuance.
2022 is the year when the delivery of robots finally begins. Drones will be used for medical applications in cities that transport samples and reagents from hospitals to research facilities faster than vehicles can travel throughout the city. Finding and shutting down bombs, working in areas where people cannot live, producing products or supplements repeatedly.
AI is also a good place to focus your energy if you want to develop skills in your work, or make your professional profile competitive in the job market, especially if you think AI will have such a huge impact on many industries. AI and machine learning are at the top of many of the most important skills in the modern job market. Jobs that require AI or machine learning skills are expected to increase by 71% over the next five years.
If you have the technical knowledge, it would be wise to dive deeper and learn as much as you can about working in the AI space. I know Ai is changing a lot of things but the best way to move forward is to recognize and adapt to the new technologies around us, including AI.
– Amrin Ahmed